To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
Salt Lake City is readying for the third edition of the North American Invitational (NAI) 7s, which takes place Aug. 3-4 and will live-stream via FloRugby. Atlantis is bringing a healthy contingent of athletes to the Girls U18 Elite and U18 Open brackets, naming 24 athletes from 10 states to the teal jersey. There are…
Do you need a Rugby ball or would you like to help out the league get more balls? Please support our league by purchasing balls through us. Click here to order yours.
Congratulations to Jenny Stumpf, winner of the David Gibson Memorial Scholarship.
At Rugby New Jersey’s 2018 Awards Dinner a number of the Morris Lions High School Boys were recognized. This year four boys were selected at each level to represent New Jersey in the Northeast Regional Cup Tournament (RCT), playing against select sides from Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut and DC. Congratulations to the following players: Tier…
In January of 2006, the Morris Lions created a memorial scholarship called “The Gibby” to honor their teammate David, who was a charter member of the Montville youth rugby program and a member of the Morris Lions. David was a young man committed to sports, friends and the love of life and family. The Gibby…