Press Release: Morris Rugby U18 Boys (High School) Head Coach Search
Morris Rugby in New Jersey is searching for a new Head Coach to lead the Boys U18 Division in their 15s and 7s endeavors. The successful applicant will lead training, selection, conditioning, and strategy with the help of an Assistant Coach and will help facilitate tournament, league, fundraising opportunities with the help of a Team Manager and involved parents. The position is unpaid.
- To teach, train, condition, and motivate youth players in the best sport in the world.
- To promote sportsmanship and team building within the team.
- To continue the legacy of Morris Rugby as a premier youth club.
- Strong knowledge of rugby fundamentals
- Knowledge and experience in rugby as a former/current player
- Commitment to practices twice a week, games and tournaments on weekends
- Travel expected to compete in leagues and tournaments
- USA Rugby Level 1 (can be fulfilled during first season of coaching, support given)
- Strong communication skills
Desired, but not required:
- Coaching experience
- Incentivized to develop beginners
- Motivated to build team culture and promote buy-in from parents/guardians
- Desire to be involved in promoting athletes for higher education opportunities
Morris Rugby provides a platform to build not only rugby players’ skills, but also coaches’ skills. The new Head Coach will not only benefit from the experience obtained, but also from having access to a network of fellow trainers, strength and conditioning professionals, and a rugby community in general. Morris Rugby is committed to assisting coaches with obtaining certifications needed for their development. Completion of CPR, First Aid, Rutgers Safety, and any other further training required can be discussed during the interview process.
All interested parties should submit Expression of Interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.