To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
BITE ME!! That being said, I shall try to redeem my aberrant behavior. Long Island was host of this week’s Palooza. Normally they host a match at a park on the Great Bay of Oyster on the North Shore. Yesterday’s match was preempted by, of all things, a REGATTA! That has to be a first;…
Thirty five young American players and coaches will be coming to England in 2018 on Premiership Rugby Scholarships as part of a ground-breaking initiative in partnership with the Friends of the British Council, AEG Rugby, USA Rugby and NBC Sports. Read More
The Men’s Poker Tournament & Whiskey Tasting event. It is on Saturday, October 21st, beginning at 9 pm at the Moose Lodge.
Saturday November 25th 6 pm to 11 pm $75 per person in advance Buffet Dinner, Awards, Live Music from the Brass Roots Band, Cash Bar Mountain Lakes Club – 18 Lake Drive Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046 Register here Hotel – Hampton Inn & Suites – 3737 US Highway 46 Parsippany, NJ 07054 Room rate with…
Order your Morris Rugby apparel today! Order Deadline: September 21, 2017 Estimated Delivery: 4 weeks AFTER the Order Deadline date! All orders will be shipped directly to you! FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $150.00!! Link: http://www.shop.mvpteamgear.com/Morris-Rugby-Fall-Store_c211.htm