To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
Congratulations to Morris Rugby’s own Alie Ramage as she led the Atlantis Rugby U-18 Girls to their 1st place win in the Elite bracket of the Las Vegas Invitational this past weekend. Alie was one of two returning players from the 2017 Atlantis squad that also took the cup. A senior at Roxbury High School,…
Order your Morris Rugby custom apparel today! Order Deadline: March 16, 2018 Estimated Delivery: 4 weeks AFTER the Order Deadline date! FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $150.00!! Link: http://www.shop.mvpteamgear.com/Morris-Rugby_c165.htm
Sunday, January 21st ~ 10:00am Sunday, February 11th ~ 10:00am (AGM) Sunday, March 25th ~ 10:00am Sunday, April 29th ~ 10:00am Sunday, May 20th ~ 10:00am Sunday, June 24th ~ 10:00am Sunday, July 29th ~ 10:00am Sunday, August 26th ~ 10:00am Sunday September 30th ~ 10:00am Sunday, October 28th ~ 10:00am Sunday, November 18th ~…
The celebration of 40 years of Morris Rugby began with a New Year’s Eve party at the Dover Moose and culminated this Saturday Down on the Dirty Boulevard of Broken Dreams at the Mountain Lakes Club. (for those of you keeping track at home, that was Jackson Brown, Lou Reed and Green Day all referenced…