To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
If you haven’t done so already, please make sure you complete the application here and send to Greg Eisenhart right away. Greg is our new Youth Referee Administrator and he will be the one making your assignments. New Referee Clinic – Tuesday 5/30 from 6-8pm at the Rockaway Health Pavilion, 3rd Floor Community Room, located at…
On a glorious overcast day at the edge of Newark Bay, Bayonne would host the final palooza of the Spring 2017 season. Coming off 2 days with the temperatures prematurely pushing 90, the 60-ish weather was a welcome relief. Morris and Bayonne would each supplement their sides with members of the Village Lions, Gentlemen of…
Congratulations to the Men’s Team for advancing to the USARugby Club Playoffs! Field Address: Founder’s Field, 101 Eisele Rd., Pittsburgh, PA The field is located approximately ten minutes from the Penn. Turnpike off Exit 5; for detailed directions, please visit the Pittsburgh Harlequins website www.pittsburghharlequins.org Matches will also be played on the Rugby Channel. Schedule:
After an exhilarating transition season, including 4 wins, 3 losses, and two ties, Morris Women’s rugby find themselves traveling to Albany, NY this Saturday on the cusp on a Northeast Championship and a National Quarter-Final. Led by Captain Kelsi Bitgood, Vice Captains Elisa Cuellar and Emily Trent, and President Jessica Stecker, the women’s team has…
The Morris Men’s pursuit of a National Championship took another step forward this past Saturday with a 28-22 win over Village Lions to claim the Empire GU Division 2 Championship. It was a hard fought match between the league’s top two regular season teams. Truly a back and forth affair, the match had three lead…