To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
On the heels of a hard-nosed, gritty 15-7 Atlantic-North Conference Championship win over Mystic River, the Morris Men got back to work in preparation of their National Quarterfinals clash against Southern Conference Champions Life University. Following two weeks of training, the men headed to Pittsburgh, PA focused and prepared for the much-anticipated match-up which was…
JOIN MORRIS RUGBY FOR OUR 40TH ANNIVERSARY FAMILY ‘POT LUCK’ PICNIC DATE: AUGUST 5TH 2017 (RAIN or SHINE) LOCATION: HIGHLANDS RIDGE PARK COMMUNITY BARN IN CHESTER N.J. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, yard games, pot luck item and beverages (adult beverages are permitted). Hot dogs and burgers will be provided. Click…
Give a fun-loving friend a A yard full of flamingos! * A letter accompanies our Feathered Friends explaining their arrival. * Your friend can have them removed early for a $10.00 donation. * The Flock will migrate after 48 hours. * Flocks of fun! * Delivery in July 2017 RESERVE IN JUNE FOR JULY Click…
The USA Eagles are taking a few hours out of the training schedule for the USA vs Ireland Game to meet their fans. Join Rugby NJ for the Meet & Greet on Tuesday June 6, 2017 at 6:30 – 9pm at the Morris Plains VFW at 45 Tabor Rd in Morris Plains. Adult Beverages, Soft…
The summer sevens program is now open. We encourage anyone interested in playing to come out and learn this Olympic game. If anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me. Practices begins Wednesday 5/31 6:30-8pm and continue each Monday & Wednesday there after. All practices are held at the Denville Rugby field…