To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
It’s been a long winter, so dust off your boots, grab your whistle and come out March 12 for a referee training session in place of our monthly meeting. Please RSVP here. We’ll have some fun together, run around a little and do a few developmental activities that will get our heads back into the game for Spring. Bring…
Where: Farmstead Golf & CC, 88 Lawrence Road, Lafayette, NJ When: June 23, 2017 Registration / Lunch 11:00 a.m. Shot Gun Start 1:00 p.m. Cocktail Hour / Auction (Tricky Tray) Opens 5:00 p.m. Dinner / Awards 6:00 p.m. Join Morris Rugby on Friday, June 23, 2017 at the Farmstead Golf and Country Club for a great day…
Over the course of Morris Rugby’s 40 years, there have been numerous successes that our organization has had the privilege and joy to celebrate. One of the most recent of those accolades, in our 40th Anniversary season, is the on-field success that the Men’s team has achieved. This past fall campaign provided to be fruitful…
Order your Morris Rugby 40th Anniversary apparel today! Order Deadline: February 24, 2017 Estimated Delivery: 4 weeks AFTER the Order Deadline date! FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $150.00!! Link: http://www.shop.mvpteamgear.com/Morris-Rugby-40th-Anniversary_c198.htm
Who is looking for some 40th Anniversary items? Morris Merchandise will be available on the website from February 11th until February 24th with 40th merchandise so get ready more info to come!