To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
After a challenging fall season where the U14 Boys struggled with aggressiveness and inexperience, Morris opened the spring campaign with a clean slate and some new faces. Despite a limited number of practices and some tough weather conditions, the U14s came together very quickly. Morris U14s opened the morning versus a tough Union club that already…
The Morris U12 Boys side played away against the Union Mud Turtles this past Sunday with 21 boys taking the pitch. The U12s fielded two full sides, alternating periods of play, and both dominated the contest against the Mud Turtles. With a lopsided tally in the range of 57 – 7 the U12s pounced on…
MORRIS RUGBY MEN’s TEAM CLOTHING DRIVE FUNDRAISER Saturday April 8, 2017 1:00p *DONATIONS ARE BEING COLLECTED AT THE PLAYOFF GAME 18 Pocono Rd. Denville, 07834 Contact Blaze Feury for additional info., or to make alternate arrangements if you cannot donate on this date (862)377-4687 firstname.lastname@example.org We will be reimbursed for every pound we collect! All items donated must be in good, usable condition. The clothing & other items collected are NOT SHREDDED! Acceptable Items: Clothes & Shoes: Men’s, Women’s, Kids, *Non-Sneaker Shoes* Accessories: Belts, Purses, Belts, Hats Toys: Small Hard or Soft Toys (below 14” in size) Linens: Bedsheets, Blankets CD’s/DVD’s: In appropriate cases, no copies or loose…
2017 Special Event Schedule No Mennen Field Availability April 22 & 23 North American Grappling Association 8:00am – 9:00pm both days April 29 All County Garage Sale 8:00am – 5:00pm June 10 New Breed Grappling Tournament 8:00am – 9:00pm June 16 & 17 Relay for Life 9:00am June 16 thru 12:00midnight June…
Mark your calendars for May 27, 2017 for Denville River Clean up. It is the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. If you have chain saws, tools and equipment to haul debris, please bring. Meet at Pocono field at 9 am