To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
After an exhilarating transition season, including 4 wins, 3 losses, and two ties, Morris Women’s rugby find themselves traveling to Albany, NY this Saturday on the cusp on a Northeast Championship and a National Quarter-Final. Led by Captain Kelsi Bitgood, Vice Captains Elisa Cuellar and Emily Trent, and President Jessica Stecker, the women’s team has…
The Morris Men’s pursuit of a National Championship took another step forward this past Saturday with a 28-22 win over Village Lions to claim the Empire GU Division 2 Championship. It was a hard fought match between the league’s top two regular season teams. Truly a back and forth affair, the match had three lead…
Come out to the Sparta Flag Rugby Clinic Saturday, May 6th, 2017 3:00pm – 5:00pm Station Park Field 2 Sparta NJ Register Here
The weekend did not start well. A cough that I picked up “working” the the Morristown Brewfest in March materialized into an actual cold on Friday. I felt like crap. Standard marathon training calls for carbo-loading before the event. Treatment of the common cold calls for drinking plenty of fluids. Hmm. With a game tomorrow,…
Rent-a-Rugger Fundraiser Auction Saturday, April 29th Immediately following the D2 match @ 3pm 16 Pocono Field, Denville, NJ Come bid on your Morris Men players as they work for you and the championship! The men’s team is currently on a historic run in their quest for the D2 National Championship. That run continues this Saturday,…