To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
Finally, after two cancelations the Spring season got underway on Sunday 8 April with a 44 – 0 win over Highlanders (West Milford). Prior to the game the High School Boys unveiled the new playing jerseys. Thanks to the funding raising efforts of the team, many supporters and especially the sponsors who made this possible.…
Join Morris Rugby on Friday, June 22, 2018 at the Farmstead Golf & Country Club for a great day on the links! In addition to the golf tournament, the day will include a grill lunch, contests, awards, and dinner. The funds raised from this event will enable Morris Rugby, a non-profit, 501c3 to continue to…
Today as the Rugby NJ College Fair & Combine Jenny Stumpf signed her “Letter of Intent” to play Division II rugby with St. Bonaventure. The Bonnies play in the Upstate New York Collegiate Rugby Conference.Pictured here are Coach Gene Caulfield, Morris U18 Girls, Jenny Stumpf, Coach Clarence Picard, St. Bonaventure Women.
Two Morris Lions High School Seniors signed their letters of intent to play Rugby at Iona College at Rugby New Jersey’s 2018 Combine and College Fair. Liam Andersen (Loose Forward) and Dilsher Maini (Flyhalf) with the Morris Lions U18 team have many years of experience in the Morris program both in 7’s and 15’s. They…
Friday March 23rd, 2018 Registration: 6:30 pm Program: 7 pm to 9 pm Register Here For More information See Flyer