To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
New Morris gear is here! There is a mix of casual wear, training wear, and a couple of novelty items—something for everyone! Order Now (Shop closes 11/14/17) 1. Go to the link https://shop.fancloth.com/07921/326680 2. Choose your items (and any personalization) 3. Enter Laurence Fry’s name under student/player and we will get some “prizes” for the club!…
. . . or as the Irish are want to call it, the Massacree at Meridian. Whatever you wish to describe it as, we trekked to CT to enjoy what passes for fall foliage this year, and to get the living bejesus stomped out of us. So many memories of past trips to the Mountain…
The-Summer-that-never-was-and-now-will-not-leave continued. Under a glorious sun-filled sky with Autumn temperatures soaring into the mid-70’s, the Rockaway River flood plain at Pocono Fields, Denville would serve as the site for the latest Rugby Palooza. For the first time in aeons, the Masters would actually take to the pitch in our own jerseys. For a long time,…
Morris Rugby is looking for volunteer for the Director of Coaching position which is currently open. You can find the job description and application by clicking here.
Morris Rugby Night With The VS. Saturday January 13th 2018 Ticket includes $10 Food/Drink Voucher, Group Seating in Section 210, and Complimentary NJ Devils Group Gift. Tickets $67.50 For online payment click here or mail checks with contact details to 45 S. Park Place #257, Morristown, NJ 07960. All Payments must be received by December…