To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
If you shop at Shop-Rite this is an easy way to support our High School Girls team. They receive 5% of the gift card amount. The gift cards also make great gifts for others and/or can be used when doing your own holiday food shopping. Just email Cheryl Grimaldi at email@example.com or complete the form.
This past week so the completion of another successful program for Pathways Flag Rugby. Players from the Morris Rugby High School Girls and Boys teams were Mentors for the program. (Emilia, Megan, Sophia, Rachel and Turner are pictured above) The program is run by Jan Moran and teaches kids from ages 4-8 flag rugby over…
For the 15th Annual Rudy Kelly Alumni Game on Saturday November 24th we will gather at 12 noon. Dependent on the weather the game may be moved to Mennan so please look out for updates. The current team will play against younger Alumni. This will be followed by periods when we will mix…
A cold and windy Saturday morning in November saw the Morris Lions High School Boys team turn out to help the Denville Beatification Department with the Canna bulb harvest. The boys, assisted by Head Coach Karl Matthews, worked hard for 3 hours to dig, lift and remove the large leaves of the plants. Meanwhile Andrea…
It was Long Island’s turn to host the Olde Boy Palooza. But L.I. Ralph was not there!! My Mom always used to say that apple pie without cheese is like a hug without a squeeze. This was a very similar situation, but I am too lazy to think of a word that rhymes with Ralph,…