To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
NO EQUIPMENT NECESSARY – wearing of mouth guards recommended Interested in trying one of the fastest growing sports in the USA. The exciting sport of Rugby. As the US Eagles qualify for the next Rugby World Cup and Morris Rugby celebrate their 40 year anniversary. We are looking to introduce the sport to a new…
The Big Brew Beer Festival is a perfect opportunity for beer aficionados to meet and hang out. With over 200 unique tastings it’s a great place to discover new beers and speak to brewery representatives. The Big Brew Beer Festival Saturday, October 7, 2017 The Morristown Armory 430 Western Ave, Morristown, NJ 07960 Join us…
Saturday, July 22, 2017 – 8:30 am The Blazing 7s is sponsored by Morris Rugby DIVISIONS & ENTRY FEES Men’s Empire GU Championship (Empire Teams Only) $325 Men’s Club $325 Women’s Empire GU Championship (Empire Teams Only) $325 Women’s Club $325 HS Boys $225 HS Girls $225 U16 Boys $100 U14 Girls $100 REGISTER HERE…
It is that time a year again, time to get ready for Joey Bella. For all you new to Joey Bella, here are the details. Monday July 3rd 5:30 pm – 11 pm All you can eat beefsteak dinner, Beer ( 16 different kinds) and live music. This year the band will be The Nerds…
Morris County was the center of the US Rugby universe in early June. Leading up to the US/Ireland match on 06/10, Team USA trained at Drew University (the preeminent small liberal arts university in NJ). Then on Saturday, Denville was host to a miniature tournament featuring a NJ Select Side, NY Upstate Selects, and NY…