To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
IF there is enough interest, Lakeland Bus Lines, the official motorcoach carrier of Morris Rugby, can make a bus available to drive attendees from the Hampton Inn to the Mountain Lakes Club and return. Did I mention IF there is enough interest? Here is the suggested itinerary: 5:30 pickup at Thatchers 5:45 pickup at…
South Jersey Flag Rugby Tournament Base Camp Participates in NEW Tournament! November 4, 2017 Jurie Swart of the Marlton Rugby Football Club had a vision to hold a flag rugby tournament in South Jersey in November of 2018. After much success with 2 clinic type sessions, his players were ready to play games. So…
Morris Lions High School Boys came away from Ridge with a 44-5 victory in the latest Fall scrimmage. With a team made up a mix of U18 and U16 boys, experienced players, recent graduates of the U14 program, new players and complete novices it was an impressive performance. Limited opportunity at practices to work with…
New Morris gear is here! There is a mix of casual wear, training wear, and a couple of novelty items—something for everyone! Order Now (Shop closes 11/14/17) 1. Go to the link https://shop.fancloth.com/07921/326680 2. Choose your items (and any personalization) 3. Enter Laurence Fry’s name under student/player and we will get some “prizes” for the club!…
. . . or as the Irish are want to call it, the Massacree at Meridian. Whatever you wish to describe it as, we trekked to CT to enjoy what passes for fall foliage this year, and to get the living bejesus stomped out of us. So many memories of past trips to the Mountain…