To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
Trustee Meeting Dates for 2017- (Every other month is a conference call) Sunday, April 30th @ Dover Moose Sunday, May 21st (conference call) Sunday, June 25th @ Dover Moose Sunday, July 30th (conference call) Sunday, August 27th @ Dover Moose Sunday, Sept. 24th (conference call) Sunday, Oct. 29th @ Dover Moose Sunday, Nov. 19th (conference call) Sunday, Dec.…
HS Girls Team will be having a fundraiser on April 29th from 11 am to 1 am. All funds raised will be utilized to get the team to the High School National Invitational Tournament. Click Here To Print Tickets
The umpty-sixth Morris Rugby Sinners dinner was celebrated as tradition would want, on Good Friday. This year’s commemoration fell on April 14. Scores, no, verily approximately 1.5 MILLion were in attendance on the 2nd Floor of the renowned steakhouse Arthurs Tavern. The turnout was YUGE!!!. In fairness, it must be noted that the Morris County…
Some may have been to Honolulu and spent some time on Waikiki Beach. Others may have been to New York City and spent some time on Randall’s Island. Only the luckiest of us have been to both. As a public service, I offer this travelogue for you to decide where your next vacation destination should…
It all came down to a last minute conversion at the end of a hard fought game. With less than a minute to go the fifth try for Morris made the score, Highlanders 26 – Morris Lions 25. With the ball a yard from the touchline making it a difficult kick the wind took the…