To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
Saturday, July 22, 2017 – 8:30 am The Blazing 7s is sponsored by Morris Rugby DIVISIONS & ENTRY FEES Men’s Empire GU Championship (Empire Teams Only) $325 Men’s Club $325 Women’s Empire GU Championship (Empire Teams Only) $325 Women’s Club $325 HS Boys $225 HS Girls $225 U16 Boys $100 U14 Girls $100 REGISTER HERE…
It is that time a year again, time to get ready for Joey Bella. For all you new to Joey Bella, here are the details. Monday July 3rd 5:30 pm – 11 pm All you can eat beefsteak dinner, Beer ( 16 different kinds) and live music. This year the band will be The Nerds…
Morris County was the center of the US Rugby universe in early June. Leading up to the US/Ireland match on 06/10, Team USA trained at Drew University (the preeminent small liberal arts university in NJ). Then on Saturday, Denville was host to a miniature tournament featuring a NJ Select Side, NY Upstate Selects, and NY…
On the heels of a hard-nosed, gritty 15-7 Atlantic-North Conference Championship win over Mystic River, the Morris Men got back to work in preparation of their National Quarterfinals clash against Southern Conference Champions Life University. Following two weeks of training, the men headed to Pittsburgh, PA focused and prepared for the much-anticipated match-up which was…
JOIN MORRIS RUGBY FOR OUR 40TH ANNIVERSARY FAMILY ‘POT LUCK’ PICNIC DATE: AUGUST 5TH 2017 (RAIN or SHINE) LOCATION: HIGHLANDS RIDGE PARK COMMUNITY BARN IN CHESTER N.J. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, yard games, pot luck item and beverages (adult beverages are permitted). Hot dogs and burgers will be provided. Click Here To Sign Up…