To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
Help the women’s team with their fundraising whilst taping into your creative side by painting your own 16×20 masterpiece. When: Saturday February 9th at 7pm-9pm Where: Dover Moose Lodge #541, 21 Sammis Avenue, Dover, New Jersey 07801 Cost: $40 registration includes paint, canvas, brushes, materials and instruction plus Beer, Wine and Snacks are included. Reserve…
Whether your a coach, player, parent, supporter or interested party please join us for the Morris Rugby Corporation AGM to be held on Sunday February 10th at 10am. The meeting will be held at the Moose Lodge#541, 21 Sammis Avenue, Dover, NJ 07801
Congratulations to Isabelle Masi and Emma Morino on their selection to attend the All-American Camp at Chula Vista in California this December.
Morris Rugby Corporation wish all coaches, players, supporters, parents and any visitors to the site a very Happy Holiday Season.