To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
The celebration of 40 years of Morris Rugby began with a New Year’s Eve party at the Dover Moose and culminated this Saturday Down on the Dirty Boulevard of Broken Dreams at the Mountain Lakes Club. (for those of you keeping track at home, that was Jackson Brown, Lou Reed and Green Day all referenced…
Our annual general meeting is scheduled for February 11th at 10 am. Location is the Dover Moose 21 Sammis Ave Dover, NJ 07801
All week long, the weather was ominous. The forecast for Monday through Friday and for Sunday would change like your underwear, but Saturday remained constant: rain and temperatures in the mid-40’s. And I did not mention that the game would be played in Bayonne, which would guarantee winds whipping in off of Newark Bay. As…
IF there is enough interest, Lakeland Bus Lines, the official motorcoach carrier of Morris Rugby, can make a bus available to drive attendees from the Hampton Inn to the Mountain Lakes Club and return. Did I mention IF there is enough interest? Here is the suggested itinerary: 5:30 pickup at Thatchers 5:45 pickup at…