To promote the growth and development of the game of Rugby by providing education about and facilitating participation in the traditions of Rugby, amateur sport, citizenship and sportsmanship, on the local, national and international level.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
In order to achieve our mission, The Morris Rugby Corporation will serve as the proactive organizing and governing body for men's and women's Rugby in the County of Morris and the State of New Jersey. We will promote participation in the sport by managing adult level programs and by establishing a youth program. We will further promote participation by establishing a scholarship program for local collegiate Rugby players. We will provide playing and training facilities for our programs. We will seek to host and promote regional, national and international competition. Finally, we will promote and participate in worthy community service activity, and from this activity seek positive recognition for our organization, our membership, and the sport of Rugby.
- Play for enjoyment.
- Play hard but fair.
- Play by the laws of the game.
- Be committed to your team. Attend all practices and matches.
- Never argue with the referee. Control your temper at all times.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play whether by your team or your opponent.
- The goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- Positively reinforce the actions of players.
- Lead by example.
- Be honest with yourself and players.
- Create an enjoyable environment in which to play the game.
- Develop team respect for referees.
- Give all players the opportunity to participate in the game
- Insist on fair play and discipline.
- Be reasonable on the demand on players' time, energy, enthusiasm.
- Encourage sportsmanship.
- Applaud the performance of both teams.
- Be positive with the referee.
- Acknowledge the efforts of the referee.
- Let players play their game, not your game.
- Praise efforts, not results.
- Set an example for the players.
Saturday November 25th 7 pm to 11 pm $75 per person in advance Buffet Dinner, Awards, Live Music from the Brass Roots Band, Cash Bar Mountain Lakes Club – 18 Lake Drive Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046 Register here
Order your Morris Rugby apparel today! Order Deadline: September 21, 2017 Estimated Delivery: 4 weeks AFTER the Order Deadline date! All orders will be shipped directly to you! FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $150.00!! Link: http://www.shop.mvpteamgear.com/Morris-Rugby-Fall-Store_c211.htm
Long Valley and beyond, GET READY! The Just Jersey Fest is rolling into ORT FARMS! This is no ordinary food truck festival! Bring your friends, relatives, colleagues and definitely your KIDS!!! 15 Food Trucks, Beer & Sangria Garden, face painting, DJ & plenty of farm activities. • Cow Train Ride • Pony Rides • Apple…
Postponed No New Date At This Time The Men’s Poker Tournament & Whiskey Tasting event. It is on Saturday, September 9th, beginning at 7:30 pm at the Moose Lodge. The headline should be “Morris Men’s Poker & Whiskey Fundraiser”
Congratulations to Jess Nagie and Charlie Duffy, this year’s winners of the David “Gibby” Gibson Memorial Scholarship. Jess will be studying chemical engineering and playing rugby this fall at the University of Wyoming, while Charlie will be studying mathematics and playing rugby at Auburn University. Donations to support the scholarship can be made at https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=ekwtwdJ25jGpt5mDA1b7yE-5_m-tuRW9-FIMDwAOlBNN4s9ipZKu3NNQUAf7kyJogOpXKG&country.x=US&locale.x=US